What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

26 July 2011

Some DMF trinkets still best in slot

There was some doom and gloom written about Darkmoon Faire trinkets shortly before patch 4.2.  This made me sit up and pay attention. Markets move en-mass, and often over react to new changes.

I mentioned a couple of posts ago, that I used Ask Mr Robot to determine what gem cuts players will be moving to.  However, gems were not the only thing I noticed.

Hurricane and Stones are poor cousins and not recommended as best for anyone, to be sold for whatever I can get.  All our trinket slots have become easier to fill, even for a player like me who has not had the valor points to purchase a single item at any point in Cata, (and I've only purchased a few Justice points items).  The average value of Hurricane and especially Stones are on a downward trend, to be bought by newly levelled toons who cant be bothered sorting out something better.



Darkmoon Card:Tsunami is still recommended as a Best in Slot trinket for Holy Priests (one of 5 healing specs).  This should be some demand, but probably not enough to soak up possible supply



Darkmoon Card:Volcano is still recommended as a Best in Slot trinket for most Caster DPS specs.
The average value of Darkmoon Card : Volcano should be on an upward trend, being the payoff for this phase of WoW.  The average player wealth pool has increased a lot with the firelands dailies.  Players have been to seeing big $$ spent on gear, and there is no reason not to charge it for Best in Slot.  And selling to DPS: How can it possibly go wrong?

I will talk about crafting cards and sourcing mats in a later post.  (I have an excitable commenter.  Don't worry, I'll also address his previous ... comments in that later post)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)