What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

10 January 2010

Levelling via LFG

Getting to 80 quickly - plan B.

The Looking for group option provides a really quick way to level - but works best if you sign up as 'tank' or 'healer'. In fact it is too quick to level your standard gathering skills.

So what to do?

If you are capable of being a Healer (Druid, Priest, Paladin, Shaman), or Tank (Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Druid), then seriously consider speccing into these options.  If you have a choice of Tank or Healer, tank seems to have the shorter wait time.

But even as a Healer, I dont have time to keep up my gathering professions, so ... plan B.  Seth from one-copper suggests these professions while levelling.

While my levelling toon foostorm (a shaman healer) is taking Blacksmithing and Leatherworking, that is because I already have every other trade skill at max on another toon.  I would not recommend this combination :).

The following things are worth considering.
  • A lot of cloth drops in instances.  This means that tailoring and first aid are easier to get mats for.
  • There are a lot of 'green' quality armor and weapons dropping.  These can be 'crushed' into mats for enchanting.
  • There are still quite a few animals in instances - so skinning wont be too hard.
  • There are more toons levelling by instances.  This will dry up the ususal supply of herbs and ore (there is a huge shortage of iron and silver on my server at the moment).
  • Use the 'downtime' between instances to work on your chosen professions.  If you dont have the downtime, consider making it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

    Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

    Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

    I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)