What I am doing now

You are most likely here because you enjoy crafting. I have been reading up on some of the WoW issues regarding gold making, which make me realize that WoW is not the game for me.

If you want to play a game where gathering and crafting is the cornerstone of the economy, and are not faint of heart, I recommend EVE Online. EVE even has releases purely to support industry. You can play for free if you are good enough manufacturer or trader.

Be the builder in a villainous world.

My journey can be seen at http://foo-eve.blogspot.com.au

For a 21 day free trial, click here (Disclaimer: I do get a bonus if you become a paid subscriber)

27 January 2010

Breaking the daily grind.

Now everyone is basically a grinder. Whether you grind Reputation, Professions, Exp, Achievements, Badges, Honor etc, you grind something every day you play.

Face it some days you will feel like farming others you want to quest grind rep, it varies and so should you. The game is no longer fun when your forcing yourself to do something. Now this doesn't mean just because you don't want to do it, don't do it, rather spend less time on certain things than all.



For example you wanna level herbalism, go do it, if there are rep quests in area, you can quest and farm. If you have alchemy as your second to herb and can level with what you farm spend the time when you get a stack up, or are near a vendor as you can sell any loot you don't need. Take a few minutes here and there when your repairing, restocking, clearing your bags or anything else along those lines.

This really helps break the grind, as I have been force leveling myself a lot to get to 80 for guild runs, I am now looking into PVP as a nice break from runs, taking up a new profession, and shortly I will be in the Reputation grinding game. Now while this makes the game more enjoyable and tolerable if your feeling "over it", It all depends on you. I try to make a schedule for myself while I play, spend 15 minutes on this, grind that while I get quest/loot gold, and everyday I log on to alts and use my crafting cooldowns.

Spend the time like Foo has said to check the AH for cheap materials as prices vary, and buy up what you need.

As usual Egamad of Caelestraz - Arozcaldo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the blog mostly being inactive and the only comments recently being anonymous spam; I have restricted comments to "Registered Users"; hat includes anything google recognises as an account (google, openId, wordpress etc). I am still (mostly) active on foo-eve.blogspot.com

Blogger comments supports basic html. You can make a link 'clicky' by <a href="http://yoursite/yourpage">yoursite/yourpage</a>

Disagreements are welcome - especially on speculative posts. I love a great disagreement.

I have a comment moderation policy (see the pages at the top)